Women make up 50% of their global workforce, but this drops to 45% within senior levels. They have recognised the imbalance at the top and are looking to rebalance this within the strategic goals of business transformation and growth.
What we Did
A three-session programme over three days was delivered to five cohorts of 10 people. The programme – Woman At Work – aimed to:
- Inject gravitas, influence and presence into the female talent within the bank
- Help them more effectively demonstrate their capabilities across the business
- Increase confidence and conviction levels
- Improve abilities to influence people through flexible communication styles
As with all our work, this programme uses techniques drawn from the world of theatre to deliver behaviour change.
72% of participants rated themselves as Strong or Very Strong across all competencies by the end of the programme.
The 2 areas in which the participants demonstrated the highest level of development across the programme moving them from ‘unconfident’ (2) to ‘strong’ (4) are key to ‘gravitas’, ‘presence’ and influence:
- Communicating a message or point of view with confidence and conviction
- Instantly flexing communication style to influence others more effectively
Overall, a 39.6% improvement across 6 key statements:
- I can authentically adapt my behaviours to project the best version of me in my role
- I can always communicate a message or point of view with confidence and conviction
- I know how to consistently proiect control, composure and gravitas under pressure
- I can instantly flex my communication style to influence others more effectively
- I have a process to prepare for difficult situations, so I can be calm and confident under pressure
- I am confident engaging in difficult conversations with people who have strong personalities