Reach PLC approached us to tackle a series of development trends they had identified in their female talent.
What we did
We worked collaboratively with the team at Reach to build and deliver 'Women in Leadership: Having Fantastic Presence and Impact' over two days for members of their senior team. The programme combined face to face sessions and live immersive learning with practical support and coaching follow ups to help actively embed the participants newly learned skills and deliver on the objectives required.
The programme included the following modules that were tailored to the situations and context that the teams at Reach might encounter:
- Module 1: Engage any Audience
- Module 2: Speak with Conviction and Impact to Any Size Audience
- Module 3: Sell a Vision
- Module 4: Network With Impact
- Module 5: Deal with Challenging Interactions
As with all our work this programme used techniques from the world of theatre to deliver sustainable behaviour change. We asked participants to prepare a 1 minute "elevator pitch" about themselves before they arrived to use as a live 'example' to work with during the programme. Throughout the two days we also included lots of experiential activities , a 'live role-play' and plenty of practical coaching and take away action plans to help them implement their new skills back in the workplace.
The programme delivered fantastic results. Participants improved across all nine performance competencies, and felt the benefit of a modular approach that allowed time for embedding. All participants:
- Found our unique 'theatre skills' approach a really energising and impactful experience
- Agreed that the live role-play actor was a great inclusion in the programme
- Felt the instructor effectively linked the learning to actual work situation
- Agree the programme delivered on their objectives
- Could immediately identify opportunities to apply their new skills in the workplace
- Would recommend the programme to colleagues
Participants comments included:
- “Excellent in boosting confidence for everyday interactions with team, presentations and potentials conflict situations.” Mel Brodie, National Supplements
- “Great opportunity. Have learnt a lot from the instructor would recommend to others.’’ Deanne Blaylock, Brand Editor
" We thoroughly enjoyed working with the Method. Kate worked with the participants to really understand the desired outcomes and created a programme that exceeded all expectations. The feedback from all participants has been really positive, finding the course of real value and enjoyable at the same time (which is difficult when you are being pushed out your comfort zone!). We look forward to working with Kate and the team at The Method in the future and can highly recommend them as a training provider to work with." Fiona MacDonald, L&D Business Partner, Reach plc
You can also listen to three great Video Testimonials below from participants of the programme.
- Caroline Waterston, Editor-in-Chief, Reach plc
- Mel Brodie, Editor-in-Chief, Reach plc
- Rachael Sugden, Senior Editor, Reach plc